Opening new opportunities for food relief in the community
Providing food is often the critical first step in helping individuals and families experiencing hardship in the community. While Foodbank is able to assist with valuable food and grocery supplies, there is also a lot of perfectly edible food going to waste at businesses in your area because it’s too difficult to rescue in time.
As a charity registered with Foodbank, you are able to refer clients, via the Y Waste app, directly to local food outlets where they can receive a meal just like any other customer except it’s free.
- It’s simple and requires almost no time or effort – the app takes care of the whole process – all you have to do is provide a code to your clients.
- It’s absolutely free to use with no obligations.
- Your clients will be able to benefit from good food which you’ve previously not been able to access.
- You’ll not have to worry about picking up, storing or distributing the food yourself.
- Your clients will be able to select meals appropriate for themselves and their families from those on offer in the area giving them autonomy and dignity of choice.
“THERE ARE A LOT OF BUSINESSES IN OUR AREA THAT WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING AND HELP VULNERABLE PEOPLE IN THEIR COMMUNITY BUT IT’S JUST BEEN TOO HARD TO OVERCOME THE HURDLES TO MAKING IT HAPPEN. THIS DONATION PLATFORM IS A WAY TO CONNECT US UP SO THAT EVERYONE CAN BENEFIT.”
– Charity User
To get going all you have to do is fill in the form below. Before you know it you’ll be registered and then it’s as simple as 1, 2, 3
1. Get your Y Waste Codes
Receive an allocation of codes from Y Waste.
2. Download the app
Pass on the codes to appropriate clients for them to use when downloading the Y Waste app onto their smartphone.
3. Collect free meals
Watch as clients are able to choose and collect free meals from businesses in your local community.