Coronavirus: Update for Foodbank NSW & ACT agencies
Last updated: 20 March 2020
On Monday 16 March, Premier Daniel Andrews declared a state of emergency to help combat the spread of coronavirus. In the event of quarantine or escalated circumstances, Foodbank Victoria may be called upon by the Red Cross and Victorian Government to deliver additional emergency food relief.
As we continue to monitor the situation, there will be changes to your usual ordering, collection and delivery processes. Please refer to this page for regular updates.
We have sufficient stock on hand to manage reasonable agency orders and emergency food relief requirements. However, please take note of the following:
- Ordering of fresh, frozen, chilled and personal hygiene products has been put on hold to limit social contact and ensure availability for emergency relief efforts.
- There may be limits on the quantity of items you can order.
- Due to the overwhelming demand on current ordering, limits on some products have been adjusted (including orders already submitted) to ensure equity of distribution.
- Please be mindful when ordering so we can ensure all agencies have equitable access to food and grocery items.
Collection & Delivery
To help prevent community transmission of the virus, the Department of Health and Human Services has advised ‘social distancing’ be implemented where appropriate. In line with this recommendation, the following changes apply:
- Distribution of fresh, frozen and chilled products has been put on hold. This includes collection of these products from our Yarraville warehouse, Gre8, our partner warehouse in Dandenong, and the delivery of these products to our regional charity partners.
- If your agency collects its orders directly from our warehouse, please arrive at your scheduled appointment time so we can manage the number of people collecting orders. Appointment times will be strictly enforced.
- If you are collecting orders from our warehouse, please make use of the hand sanitiser stations that have been set up at the delivery door.
- For helpful tips on reducing the risk of coronavirus in your workplace or oganisation, click here.
- For regular updates on the coronavirus situation, visit dhhs.vic.gov.au/novelcoronavirus.
Thank you for your patience during these unpredictable times. Look after others, and take of yourself.