Cheap and healthy recipe ideas: Chickpea, Cauliflower & Pumpkin Curry
Looking for some low-cost and easy to cook dinner recipes? We’ve got your covered!
Chickpea, Cauliflower & Pumpkin Curry
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pumpkin, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons Garam Masala powder
- 2 cans tinned tomatoes (or 4 cups fresh, roughly chopped)
- 1 can tinned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can coconut milk
- In a large fry pan add olive oil, garlic and onions and fry for 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the Garam Masala. Cook for another 2-4 minutes, stirring well.
- Add tomatoes, pumpkin, cauliflower, chickpeas, coconut milk and 2 cups of water. Simmer on low heat for about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve on steamed rice.
- Pumpkin is high in beta-cartotene, lutein, zeaxanthin and C, which can help protect your eyes against vision loss and also can help boost your immune system.
VIEW MORE RECIPES