Foodbank supports programs that give students the opportunity to eat a wholesome, nutritious breakfast on a regular basis. Having breakfast has been shown to have a positive impact on factors such as physical and mental health, social skills, concentration, behaviour, attendance and academic outcomes.
Read more below about how Foodbank helps schools in your state.
School Breakfast 4 Health program
It’s shocking to know that around 3 kids in every classroom across Australia are going to school hungry. This is where Foodbank’s School Breakfast 4 Health Program steps in, providing students in NSW and the ACT with a nutritious meal to help them focus and concentrate in class.
The School Breakfast 4 Health program has four key benefits to the students:
- Improves nutrition and eating habits
- Improves mental and physical health
- Helps combat childhood obesity
- Improves readiness to learn and cognitive function
- Improves educational outcomes
- May assist test results (e.g. NAPLAN)
- Reduces absenteeism and improves punctuality
- Enhances engagement and productivity in the classroom
- Improves concentration and behaviour
- Develops social and leadership skills
- Widens social networks and builds friendships
- Builds stronger relationships between students and staff
Interested in providing the School Breakfast 4 Health program in your school?
Foodbank currently provides food to over 300 schools across NSW and the ACT for their School Breakfast 4 Health program and we are looking to expand. If you would like to register your interest, please save the application form to your computer, complete the form and email it to email@example.com.
Is the program right for you?
If you are interested in implementing the program at your school please view our tips to a successful program.
If you would like more information on the School Breakfast 4 Health program, please contact Adam Loftus, School Breakfast 4 Health and Agencies Coordinator via email.