MAGGI HEARTY ONE-POT CASSEROLE: SLOW COOKED BEEF CASSEROLE
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 625g gravy beef, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced diagonally
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- MAGGI Hearty One Pot Recipe Base
- 3 cups (750ml) reduced-salt beef stock
- Heat oil in a large casserole pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in 4 batches, turning occasionally, for 3 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add onion, carrot and celery to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Return beef to pan.
- In a small jug combine tomatoes and MAGGI recipe base, add to pan with beef stock. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 2 hours or until the beef is very tender. Serve.
MAGGI HEARTY ONE-POT CASSEROLE FOR FOODBANK