The Foodbank team is small and we rely heavily on teams and individuals who generously give their time to help us get food to the people who need it. We have different volunteer opportunities available in each state, if you would like to volunteer select your state below:
Volunteers are our key ingredient
Each day, our amazing volunteers pack food and grocery orders to distribute to our charity partners. From sorting and labeling items to stocking shelves and packing food orders, we welcome you to fight hunger with Foodbank by volunteering in the Sydney Distribution Centre.
Key information about volunteering:
- Volunteering is between Monday to Friday 8am to 2pm
- We are located at 50 Owen Street, Glendenning NSW 2761
- When you arrive, meet us at the large garage roller door
- Wear comfortable casual clothes suitable for the warehouse
- Arrive wearing fully enclosed rubber-soled shoes
- For your safety, the minimum age for volunteers is 15 years
Are you looking to regularly volunteer with Foodbank? Right now we are seeking volunteers to assist in packing food orders in the Distribution Centre each weekday, and it would be great to have you as part of our team.
Before committing to regular volunteering, we invite you to a taste tester – volunteering 1 day. If you loved volunteering as much as we love fighting hunger, we welcome you to regularly volunteer with Foodbank.
For more information, please contact Luke Chesworth, Volunteer Coordinator via email.
By clicking on the submit button you confirm that you have read and agreed to Foodbank NSW & ACT’s Corporate Volunteering terms and conditions.